Content Marketing is a technique to create, share and distribute relevant content to acquire new customers.
The key objective is to drive more profitable action from your customers. To get it right will require a dedicated resource to produce fresh and engaging information that is original and relevant to your customers. It’s really all about storytelling and distributing that information without selling.
Here are our top 10 content marketing ‘thinking’ tips.
- News – update your website with regular news items, new wins, latest developments.
- Video – these create a buzz and are great to embed: YouTube and Vimeo.
- White papers – statistics, research recently published – add your insight to these findings.
- Ebooks – if you read these, review and share them for the benefit of others.
- Infographics – and diagrams are useful tools to help understand complex information simply.
- Case studies – create these about your own customers and share your business successes.
- ‘How to’s – the classic top tips and lists that are simplified and easy to use.
- ‘Q&A’s – anticipate what your customers want to find out more about and publish before they ask.
- Slideshare presentations – create these in short snappy slides and publish to a wider audience.
- Social Media – share your content on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, StumbleUpon, Reddit and other social sharing websites
Content marketing works for big or small companies. By dedicating time finding and enhancing content – and sharing it on social networks – you’ll build value in your brand. Publishing great content increases reasons to re-visit, refer and interact. Are you convinced? Share your content marketing comments in the section below.